Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Story of My Life...

I am personally aware of this process that most of our "stuff" goes through before we consume them. I have been an environmental freak for 3 years now and I have been doing a lot of research ever since on all aspects of the environment. I mean as far as I am concerned nothing in this world seems sustainable even the sun, the star humans once thought of as a God and our source of heat, will not just float up there forever. In about millions of years the sun will explode and turn into a black whole or a supernova (I don't exactly know the correct scientific terminology for it) but what I am saying is that all the things we are wasting and using are basically limiting the amount of finite resources we have. If the sun will disappear one day then nothing should be sustainable, well depends on how you view sustainability. In my point of view sustainability is anything that is able to maintain its quality or amount for an infinite amount of time. So the question here is should we really be concerned with the sustainability of the world's resources? Well, I think we should because different finite resources have different amounts left of them so we should be using their sustainable alternatives rather than completely diminishing the resource's availability. Let's take petroleum for example, so nowadays people are actually substituting oil-based cars with hybrid electric cars that work on solar energy because it’s cheaper and the decreasing amount of oil is jacking up its price because it’s a finite resources (and it should make sense that the less of it available means that the higher its value and thus the higher its price). So my point and the video documentary’s point converge in a way that we both think that we should act now rather than not be concerned thinking that all the world’s resources will diminish in far future generations to come. But no this mentality is wrong we should act know to decrease the risks of diminishing any of the world’s precious finite resources such as oil, coal, wood, etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment